The Ministry of Education ,State department for Early Learning and Basic Education has announced 1,000 vacancies for internship under the Digital Literacy Programme-DLP.
Successful candidates will be appointed and deployed to schools where in addition to acquiring practical skills and knowledge , the interns will be a vital support for DLP
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to an internship position ,a candidate must have graduated not earlier than 2018 and should be;
- In possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Education with specialization in information Communication Technology or a Bachelor’s Degree in ICT ;or a Diploma in ICT or ICT integration in Education from a recognized institution or it’s equivalent.
- Knowledgeable in networking and infrastructure ,application development ,information security and project management and;
- Able to integrate ICT with Education in terms of E- Learning and content development .
Internship Duties and Responsibilities
The Duties include ,but not limited to;
- Support of E-Learning and content development in line with the schemes of work
- Provide class support and training of Primary School teachers in use of digital literacy devices
- Support implementation of the Digital learning programme
- Carrying out innovations to enable schools improve on use of digital learning.
- Provide support in safe, secure and ethical use of technology in learning
- Assist teachers by integrating ICT in delivery of teaching, learning and assessment
- Support school staff with development and production of key school policies and procedures
- Provide first line support and maintenance of ICT services in the schools
Duration of Internship
Twelve (12) months-Non renewable
The interns will be paid a stipend by the State department at a rate as determined by the Public Service Commission.
On successful completion of the Internship Programme, the interns will be awarded a certificate by the State department
How To Apply