An internship program for diploma and degree students that lasts three months has been announced by the Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC).
Kenya Power announced a call for applications on its website for certificate, diploma, and degree programme intakes in September.
Those interested should submit their applications by the close of business on Monday, July 25.
“In line with the government’s commitment to supporting youth empowerment, Kenya Power is offering continuing students an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on work experience and develop key employability skills,” the statement read in part
Interested students must be available for the entire three-month internship duration. They must also submit proof to show that they are continuing students from recognised institutions.
“Applicants should have an introductory letter from the recognised learning institution. Students pursuing a Craft Certificate in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Mechanical/Automotive Engineering are also encouraged to apply,” Kenya Power noted.
The placement of students will be determined by their academic qualifications. Every application must be submitted online via the Kenya Power website.
How to Apply
1. Use the URL www.kplc.co.ke to access the KPLC website.
2. Select career opportunities after clicking the public information icon.
3. To access the registration portal, scroll down to the internship advertisement and click the “click here to register” tab.
4. Complete the registration form. You will receive a prompt through email.
5. To confirm your account and start the application process, click the link in the PDF.
6. In your browser’s settings, always allow pop-up windows.
Kenya Power maintained that it is an equal opportunity employer and discouraged applicants from canvassing. It also informed applicants that it does not charge any fee for applications.