Deputy President William Ruto’s United Democratic Alliance nominations were marred by torrents of tears, assertions of pre-marked vote papers, heated confrontations, and rigging allegations.
There were complaints of extended delays after voting materials did not arrive at polling sites on schedule, leading the National Elections Board to cancel primaries in several areas.
Below are key highlights of UDA norminations so far.
- Bandit killing one member in Marakwet
- Ballots burnt in Embu County
- Pre-marked ballots found in Bomet
- Nominations called off in 10 constituencies
- Aspirants attacked in Mathate Constituencies
- Chaos rocking Kayole polling stations
- Ruto monitoring nominations from hustler Center
- Principal locking school in Kakamega