The Commission for University Education (CUE) has summoned Nairobi Senator, Johnson Sakaja, to shed more light on his Team University degree certificate.
According to CUE’s Professor Chacha Nyaigoti Chacha, the Commission wants to know how Sakaja obtained his degree certificate and whether he actually studied.
Despite the fact that Team University in Uganda is a recognized university, Chacha believes that the quantity of complaints received by CUE warrants additional investigation.
CUE confirmed that investigations are ongoing and the Commission has written to Sakaja to provide the following information:
1. His application for the course
2. Letter of admission from the University
3. Evidence of registration including Student ID
4. Credit Accumulation and Transfer System (ATS)
5. Course description for the Bachelor of Science in Management (External)
6. Course Units taken
8. Examinations schedules
9. Graduation Booklet that has his name on it
10. Receipts for the application fees, Tuition fees, Graduation and convocation, Names of lecturers that taught him some of the courses, any communication with the university staff (academic and administrative) regarding his course in the university, Graduation Photo while wearing the gown and Evidence of the requisite credit hours covered.
Sakaja has been asked to avail himself to the Commission’s offices on Monday, June 20, and carry with him the above documentary evidence to prove that he studied at Team University and graduated in 2016.