The National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) was founded in 1966 as a state parastatal. The parastatal’s main goal is to provide everyone with affordable, accessible, and long-term medical coverage.
All employees are required to be members of the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF). Those in the informal sector or who are unemployed can register with the parastatal and will be required to pay Kshs 500 per month.
Registration as a member of NHIF can be done online via the NHIF self-care portal, an online platform that provides easy access to all services offered by the parastatal.
You will receive an NHIF membership card once you have registered with the org. After 14 working days, the card will be processed and available for pick-up at any NHIF office or Huduma Centre in your area.
You can easily replace the card if it is lost or defaced by visiting any NHIF office or Huduma Centre.
NHIF offices and Huduma centers can be found in many of the country’s major cities. You can simply go to the branch that is closest to you.
How To Replace A Lost NHIF Card
1. Go to any National Bank, Equity Bank, Co-operative Bank or Equity Bank and make a payment of Kshs 100. This is the fee charged for replacing a lost NHIF card.
2. Ensure you inform the bank teller that you are paying for a card replacement.
3. You will be issued a bank slip after successfully making the payment.
4. Once you have paid, take the banking slip to any NHIF branch or Huduma Centre near you.
5. A new card will be printed for you instantly upon presentation of the banking slip.
The following are the necessary requirements for the replacement of a lost card.
Photocopy of National Identity Card.
Kshs 100, which is the fee charged.
Related NHIF articles.