Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) is a Kenyan licensed company that stores and submits reports of loan defaulters to financial institution. In Kenya, a person who has been listed in CRB is automatically denied loans from any financial institutions . It is therefore important to check for CRB status online regularly to avoid inconveniences when you need financial assistance.
There are three certified institutions that are permitted to give CRB reports in Kenya.
Checking CRB via Metropol
Metropol is the leading financial CRB referencing in Kenya. It offers a number of services compared to credit info and Transunion. Some of its services include,
- Credit management
- Credit rating
- Consultation services.
There are three ways of checking your status via metropol
Through the metropol website
Downloading and installing the mestropol app
Using USSD by dialing *433#
Checking via USSD.
- Visit mpesa on your phone, lipa na mpesa
- Account no: use your identity card (ID) number
- After completing the above steps, you will receive a text with the following details: a code, a reference number and a link.
- Dial *433# after registration and then enter your identity (ID) number
- You will then receive a message that contains your CRB details.
- You can also visit the metropol website or download the metropol crystobol app. However, you can only use the two if you have completed the registration procedure given above.
CRB status via creditinfo Kenya
The company is owned by creditinfo international, to obtain your CRB status via credit info you’ll be needed to do the following:
Fill an online credit request form. Thereafter you will receive your certificate of clearance certificate.
Office Location: packsuites, office number 12, 2nd floor, parklands road
Address: PO BOX 38941-00623- Parklands, Nairobi.
Phone number: +254203757272
Official Email: email@example.com
Official Website: creditinfo.co.ke
CRB status via Transunion.
You can use the following ways to check your status via Transunion CRB.
- By sending an SMS to 21272
- By using a Transunion CRB app.
- By using a Transunion website.
Using a Transunion site.
- Visit the transunion website using a browser of your choice. Example chrome.
- Follow the steps given to register and obtain your credit info.
- Download the Transunion Nipashe app via google play or app store.
- Register in the app using your ID no and any other relevant information.
- Follow the instructions given to obtain your CRB status.
Step one: send your full name to the number 21272.
Step two: enter your national identity number.
Step three: obtain your credit status
If you have negative rating then you are blacklisted in CRB and you’re illegible for loans but if you have a positive rating, you’re legible for a loan.
Transunion also offers services such as a credit report and a clearance certificate.
Office location: Prosperity house, Off museum Hill in Westlands, westlands Rd.
Phone number: +254203751799,0730651000
Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official website: transunionafrica.com