How To Apply For 2022/2023 KUCCPS Inter-University Transfer Online
Education CS Prof. George Magoha has on Saturday, June 25th released the university and college placement results for the 2021 KCSE candidates and applicants from other years. Applicants should check their respective student portals for details of their courses and institutions.
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) announced the 2022/2023 placement results for 2021 KCSE candidates.
In a statement, Kuccps says these results have been processed after the conclusion of the revision of choices for those who applied for placement to local universities and colleges.
How to Apply for KUCCPS Inter-University Transfer 2022/2023
Follow the steps below to apply for inter university transfer:-
- Visit KUCCPS website via http://student.kuccps.net
- Enter your KCSE index number ,2021 as the ‘KCSE year’ ,use your KCPE index number or birth certificate number as password to login into your account.
- Click on the ‘transfers’ tab on the top of the window and follow the steps below.
STEP 1:-Select the programme you want to transfer to ,In the inter institution transfer field insert the Programme code. You will proceed only if you meet the cut off points and other minimum requirements for the specific course in the institution.
STEP 2:-Reason For transfer: The placement service demands that a candidate provides a solid reason for transfer. Main reasons for transfer are; Medical reasons, Financial reasons ,Person with Disability, Not my preferred programme or other(You specify).
Attach any relevant document that supports the reason for your transfer after which you will be required(in not less than 300 and not more than 600 words) to explain the reason for initiating the transfer. The next page will load automatically if all fields are filled.
STEP 3:-Transfer payment: A non refundable transfer fee of Sh 1,000 is paid to KUCCPS via Mpesa .You will follow the procedures indicated in the current window to make payments. After entering the Mpesa confirmation code ,the system will validate and automatically load the next step.
STEP 4:-Approval by Receiving institution: The institution you applied to transfer to will receive your application, Considering the availability of space of the course at the institution, the receiving institution may endorse or reject your request.
STEP 5:-Approval by release institution: If your application is accepted by the receiving institution, the releasing institution will most probably endorse your transfer.
STEP 6:-Approval by KUCCPS: After your transfer is approved by both the releasing and receiving institutions, the placement service will review your application.
STEP 7:-Once your application has been reviewed by KUCCPS ,you will be required to download the transfer letter which you will present to the receiving institution during admission.
- Inter institution transfer is done Online. No physical presentation of application forms to any office.
- Inter faculty/change of course is done by the institution(University/College) and not by KUCCPS.
Payment For 2022/2023 KUCCPS Inter-university transfer
- An application-processing fee of Ksh1,000 is charged per application.
- A prompt for the M-PESA transaction code will appear at the point of submission. Please keep the transaction code safely as it may be required again.
- CAUTION! Do not make any payment before the applicant has been prompted or after the application deadline has passed!
- Once one has made an application for transfer, the applicant may monitor the progress of their application via the student’s portal.
Note 1: All application fee payments to the Placement Service MUST be made to the M-Pesa Pay Bill No. 820201.
Note 2: Applicants are cautioned against sending money to any individual posing on social media or any other platform purporting to be in a position to assist them.The Placement Service does not require applicants to send money to any mobile phone numbers.
KUCCPS Contact Details
Mobile phone lines: 0723 954 927 and 0734 879 662, 020 5137400.
Our media team will notify all eligible candidates when application for inter institution transfer is open!